[development] How Trellon gave back to Drupal (May 2008)

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri May 30 19:48:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 21:24:03 +0200, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008 12:29:31 -0400
> "Ken Rickard" <agentrickard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also useful would be "How shop X is planning to contribute next
>> month" -- if possible.  On whichever list people prefer.
>>
>> That might lead to more cooperation.
>
> On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:50:52 -0700
> Jason Flatt <drupal at oadaeh.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri May 30 2008 9:24:26 am Dries Buytaert wrote:
>> > Personally, I think that these posts are useful.  It has a lot
>> > less noise than many of the other mails.  If you don't like it,
>> > it only takes 2 second to skip the e-mail ... ?
>
>> Well, at this point, a few minutes wading through and removing all
>> the opinion posts. Of course, if I really wasn't interested, only
>> a few more seconds ignoring and deleting all of them.
>
> I agree with both.
> What I've found useful was the effort put in the description. It
> helps to see if it is something you could be interested into.
> Even proposals would be very helpful and help consolidation.
>
> While I agree that Planet would be a more suitable place for such
> announcements I'd say that dev ml doesn't have such an high traffic
> to justify another ml for such announcements that are still valuable.
>
> If that kind of announcements will grow in number it will be both a
> good sign and a sign they have to move elsewhere.

I am +1 on shops doing write ups of what they've done and what they're planning to do, a la the posts Morbus has been making.  I however do agree that the dev list isn't the right place for it.  Planet makes sense (I've done a little of that myself recently), or consulting list would work as well.  (The former probably gets more readers, which is either good or bad depending on your POV.)

--Larry Garfield