[development] Slow down with the official releases of contrib already, ok? ; )

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 30 19:34:57 UTC 2008

Quoting Michelle Cox <shellmultimedia at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:
>

>> Good suggestion. ;)  Both of the full DrupalCon talks I've given on this
>> topic [1] [2], and the handout I wrote [3], all repeat the idea that one of
>> the key ways to be a responsible maintainer is to clearly communicate the
>> status of your code and your plans/intentions for the future.  There are
>> already a variety of channels for this communication.  I don't know what
>> else to do to encourage people, other than to keep repeating myself.
>>
>> It's possible this isn't mentioned in enough of the handbooks to be
>> visible, so if an aspiring documentation team member wanted to help this
>> particular problem, they could pepper the appropriate handbook pages with
>> suggestions about clearly communicating status + intentions.
>>

> Sorry, Derek, I should have  figured such a thing was already in the docs
> somewhere. I don't know if it's that it's not mentioned enough or that
> there's just simply too much information out there and stuff gets missed.
> It's been a long time since I got my cvs account... Is this linked to in the
> email that gets sent out? If not, it should be.

Probably both too much and not mentioned enough.  IMO the best place to
link these is in the project edit form instructions; email tends to get
misplaced and I'm getting mentally older and tend to forget.  If linked
in the project edit form then it should be known that the project page
was meant to be a communications mechanism for the project.  The same
for the release pages nodes, which should state the differences in that
release.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/