[development] Slow down with the official releases of contrib already, ok? ; )

Michelle Cox shellmultimedia at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:41:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:

> Good suggestion. ;)  Both of the full DrupalCon talks I've given on this
> topic [1] [2], and the handout I wrote [3], all repeat the idea that one of
> the key ways to be a responsible maintainer is to clearly communicate the
> status of your code and your plans/intentions for the future.  There are
> already a variety of channels for this communication.  I don't know what
> else to do to encourage people, other than to keep repeating myself.
>
> It's possible this isn't mentioned in enough of the handbooks to be
> visible, so if an aspiring documentation team member wanted to help this
> particular problem, they could pepper the appropriate handbook pages with
> suggestions about clearly communicating status + intentions.

Sorry, Derek, I should have  figured such a thing was already in the docs
somewhere. I don't know if it's that it's not mentioned enough or that
there's just simply too much information out there and stuff gets missed.
It's been a long time since I got my cvs account... Is this linked to in the
email that gets sent out? If not, it should be.

Michelle