[development] Reviewing patches and making decisions -> Sociocracy could be a way to go!

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Fri Nov 7 04:21:25 UTC 2008

On 11/6/08 6:19 AM, Thomas Zahreddin wrote:
> Hi Angie,
>
> thank you for answering the first third of my mail. I think we are not on the
> same page:
>
> in the last third I wrote explicit, that I know all the tools and places where
> to find informations - but i also mention that it is impossible to follow all
> relevant information.
>
> To lower the workload for us all we need a summery on a much higher level than
> CVS-messages (btw how many do we count a day - my estimation is two a minute).

I answered the first third, because it seemed to me that the last two
thirds were based on the presumption that the information you seek is
not readily available. But CVS annotate seems to do exactly what you
request and it requires no manual effort on the part of our already
over-burdened maintainers to keep up to date, since it's updated
automatically with every commit.

In what specific ways does CVS annotate not get you what you're asking
for? That would probably help the justification for your proposal be a
bit more clear.

-Angie