[development] Database creation on Install

Amy Stephen amystephen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 05:17:39 UTC 2008

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question but I
am curious after checking out your fine development work.

Why doesn't the Drupal Installation process try to create the database if it
doesn't exist already? WordPress is the same. Joomla! will use the database
if it exists - and create it, provided the ID has sufficient permissions.
It's just another "make things easier" step (for both the "newbie" crowd,
but also developers testing/working).

I was curious if there were security concerns? Or, if it just never seemed
to be someone's itch?

Again, if I am out of place with this question, please let me know, and
forgive my ignorance.

Kind regards,
Amy :)