[development] Make Scheduler more generic

Eric-Alexander Schaefer eric.schaefer at eas-consulting.de
Wed Nov 19 14:58:32 UTC 2008

Hi list,

we (a couple of scheduler.module users and I) have been thinking about
making scheduler more generic because every other week somebody suggest
another thing that needs to be scheduled. The plan is to make scheduler
a provider for scheduled triggers. It would hook into the node form and
let the user select a date and time and the action that is to be
performed at that time (e.g. trigger "Make post sticky"-action at $date).

I am about to begin coding, but I thought I should share the ideas with
this list to get some more input before I start.

Here are the ideas so far: http://drupal.org/node/276376

Thanks,
Eric