[development] project node UI changes deployed on d.o

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Oct 2 08:48:55 UTC 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Mikkel Høgh wrote:

> What we need is a workflow like they have in Ubuntu:

Search before you post... ;)

http://drupal.org/node/19386

(Sorry, couldn't resist).  But yes, you're absolutely right.  That's
what we need.

A related problem is that, especially for d.o, you need to search a
bunch of different issue queues if you really want to avoid a duplicate:

http://drupal.org/node/192714

> I know the counter to that is that it would be a lot of work to
> implement and the Project module maintainers don't have the time,
> and I can sympathise with that.

Not at all.  Well, yes, the (current) maintainers don't have the
time, but we're obviously not the only people on this list who are
qualified for the job.  Any interested party is more than welcome to
pick up the ball and run with either of these issues.  #192714 used
to be blocked on search-related problems (back when d.o's DB was
being crippled by core search.module) but we're now running xapian on
d.o, so perhaps that one can be revived without too much trouble.

I don't include so many issue links in my posts to this list just for
the archival fun of it.  I genuinely hope that someday, people will
actually jump into an issue and solve a problem or add a feature if
their itch is scratchy enough. ;)

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)