[development] project node UI changes deployed on d.o

Mikkel Høgh mikkel at hoegh.org
Thu Oct 2 08:18:28 UTC 2008

Well, on the bright side, the new link structure of
> * View open issues
> * View all issues
> * View all support request
is, in my opinion, a great improvement, since usually don't care which
kind of issue (task, bug, feature, etc.) it is that I'm looking for,
so this will save me an extra click and a pageload every time i view
an issue queue. Thanks :)

When it comes to removing the add issue link, I'm not thrilled about
it, but I understand your reasoning.

I do, however, think that this is a desparate measure. Making it
harder to submit bugs is not really what we want. We want higher
quality issues, not just less of them.

What we need is a workflow like they have in Ubuntu:
http://skitch.com/mikl/atwd/report-a-bug-about-ubuntu
http://skitch.com/mikl/atwf/report-a-bug-about-ubuntu

I know the counter to that is that it would be a lot of work to
implement and the Project module maintainers don't have the time, and
I can sympathise with that.

That is another thorny issue for Drupal, that we have made our own
tools for everything. I've once before tried advocating moving parts
of what we do (translations) to Launchpad, and I'm not willing to
stick my head in that particular hornet's nest again anytime soon.

--
Kind regards,

Mikkel Høgh <mikkel at hoegh.org>