[development] Announcing DRUPAL-7-0-UNSTABLE-2

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Oct 14 08:07:36 UTC 2008

On Oct 14, 2008, at 1:00 AM, Derek Wright wrote:

> If this high-signal info is not in CHANGELOG.txt, there's not a
> release node, and it's not in the upgrade docs, where do y'all
> propose to put it?

p.s. If life swallows me whole, spits me out 3 weeks later, and I
missed an unstable, it'd sure suck if the upgrade docs have all been
"merged" again except for unstable2 => unstable3.  I don't see any
value in destroying this information once we have it.  If we think
the upgrade docs will get too confusing if the table of contents
(TOC) is organized by unstable, then we need a different solution.
But we need something that preserves the high-signal info about API
changes for each unstable, since we can't be sure who needs which
parts of it.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the TOC organized by unstable
during the entire lifecycle of unstable.  Once we hit beta1, we can
move the per-unstable TOC stuff to the bottom of the page as an
appendix, and make a new merged TOC organized by importance or
subsystem or however else people think the info should be merged for
the "final" doc.

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)