[development] Unsetting form values on validate

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue Oct 21 06:13:10 UTC 2008

On 21 Oct 2008, at 6:29 AM, Andrew Berry wrote:
> I'm curious as to why CCK with a bunch of optional fields doesn't
> work for this. Could you not do a bit of custom PHP to validate
> fields within CCK?
because sometimes there is a lot of overhead that comes with cck that
you don't really need.

and you spend more time working against what cck gives you by default
than you do just writing it yourself

and the dependencies for your module explode making upgrades a lot
messier

Anyway, to answer the question, i know in d4.7/d5 you could do
form_set_value('field][field', 'value') to set fields
in the validate functions, i don't know if in D6 you can just modify
the $form_state.