[development] Turning custom_url_rewrite_* into hooks?

Steven Surowiec steven at digitalpulp.com
Wed Oct 29 14:17:16 UTC 2008

I've working on a custom module for a project that makes use of
custom_url_rewrite to open up linking shortcuts through the url()
function and I was wondering if there is any specific reason this
functionality isn't a regular hook? I know I could probably use URL
aliases for what I'm trying to do but requires me to not have to worry
about managing hundreds, possibly thousands, of URL aliases just to open
up this type of functionality. Maybe I'm just mis-using this
functionality but it seems like it might be worth while to consider.