[development] How to post bug reports and patches

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Thu Oct 30 14:42:04 UTC 2008

Most often patches are ignored when they are not relevant to the
development version of Drupal. Bugs are sometimes labeled feature
requests by maintainers who are not interested in fixes that only
apply to older versions. In effect they're saying, This doesn't need
to be fixed. You got it to work for you, and other people can wait for
the next version of Drupal.

Only a few core maintainers behave this way, probably because they are
trying to shorten the patch queue, but their comments discourage other
developers from getting involved.