[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reports and patches)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Oct 31 16:07:10 UTC 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 8:42 AM, Darren Oh wrote:

> Could we add a Digg-like button to issues that would promote them
> to a popular issues page?

Only if Dries or killes agree to let us turn on VotingAPI on drupal.org:

http://drupal.org/node/42232#comment-967905

The code already exists for this:

http://drupal.org/project/project_issue_voting

but we can't deploy it until we get the green light for the VotingAPI
requirement.

I guess independent performance benchmarking and security audits of
Voting API are the next step if anyone wants to help move this
forward.  Killes pushed the issue into the "redesign" category of the
webmasters queue, but I think that's unhelpful.  This isn't blocked
on the redesign, it's blocked on making a decision to deploy the
required code, which we're going to have to do anyway, sooner or
later.  Unlike many of the good ideas coming out of the redesign,
this one is actually implemented and (IMHO) ready to deploy.

-Derek (dww)