[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reports and patches)

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Fri Oct 31 17:15:40 UTC 2008

On 31 Oct 2008, at 7:04 PM, andrew morton wrote:

> I think the primary benefit would be that people who weren't in a
> position to offer technical commentary but are affected by the issue
> could vote for it to help raise its profile--especially for the issues
> that don't affect a majority of users. And they'd be able to do so in
> a way that doesn't clutter up a queue with +1 or me too comments.

Well. I think we should probably have a 'subscribe to this issue'
feature,
that doesn't involve adding a comment, and just displaying the number of
subscribers would already be a pretty good metric of interest in a
patch.
(ie: it's something we could get for free, from a feature we should
probably
have already).