[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reports and patches)

Tomas Fulopp tomi at vacilando.org
Fri Oct 31 17:07:40 UTC 2008

I disagree. Any patch, exciting or not, would be pushed up if many people
needed it done. Same goes for documentation - if some help texts are
underdeveloped, they will be brought to the visible light spectrum quicker.
The only thing the voting does not favour are patches for the more obscure
problems or features. That is obviously sad, but by definition fewer people
will be affected it, and Drupal as a project will be still better off. But
still, in theory even less needed patches would accumulate enough votes over
time. Also, each committed important patch would move the less popular
issues up the ranking queue.