[development] Attention Views API developers

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Sep 4 06:45:48 UTC 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 10:48 PM, Earl Miles wrote:

> Because when you try to inherit classes that aren't loaded, PHP
> dies a horrible awful death.

Duly noted, thanks.

> I'm pretty sure I mentioned the 'causes sites to crash' part already.

Indeed.  However, you didn't explain why, which is completely natural
in a summary email that's painting the "short version".  That left
people with a justifiable curiosity about why the naive solution
(having a default implementation of this hook) wouldn't work.
Between your latest message in this thread and reading api-
handlers.html[1] I now fully understand.  Thanks.

Speaking only for myself (and probably Dmitri), let me add that I'm
not out to get you, blame you, or prove you wrong. ;)  I love you and
deeply respect your work.  I only wanted to give Dmitri the benefit
of the doubt, and to learn from your efforts.

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)

[1] http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/modules/
views/help/api-handlers.html?revision=1.2