[development] Questions for Drupal Multimedia

Aaron Winborn winborn at advomatic.com
Wed Sep 10 11:53:16 UTC 2008

As you probably know by now, the book Drupal Multimedia is nearly ready
for publication. Before it goes to press however, I want to acknowledge
all the work Drupal developers have done towards making Drupal the
choice for multimedia on the web.

I want to include a final section, "In their words" kind of thing, and
am posing some open questions here. I would love to include your words
in the book, so please feel free to answer any or all of these questions
with a paragraph or three. If you do answer them here, please also
indicate a byline for attribution, such as "Alice Boyd (abc on Drupal),
Co-maintainer of the Mega Multimedia Module," "Wile. E. Coyote,
Developer for Acme, Inc.", or "Tim Berners-Lee, Inventor of the WWW."

I know it's short notice, but I need these by Saturday. I figure this is
the best time for these questions, as many contributed modules for media
handling in Drupal 6 are just about ready for deployment, and there are
many production sites already using Drupal 6.

1) What modules, tools and/or techniques do you use (and/or have you
created) for multimedia handling in Drupal 6?

2) What advice do you have for new developers and/or themers?

3) What do you envision for the future of multimedia in Drupal, for
Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and/or beyond?

Feel free to respond to this thread or to e-mail me personally at
winborn at advomatic.com.

Thanks!
Aaron

--
Aaron Winborn

Advomatic, LLC
http://advomatic.com/

Drupal Multimedia available in September!
http://www.packtpub.com/create-multimedia-website-with-drupal/book

My blog:
http://aaronwinborn.com/