[development] Userscript for inserting issue links for use in comments

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Sep 12 00:43:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Andrew Berry <andrewberry at sentex.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a greasemonkey script which does a few things which might be
> useful to those of us who spend a lot of time in issue queues:
>
> 1. Adds the issue number to the issue title, and sets the whole thing as a
> link for easy copying to other sites where rich text editors might be in use
> or other programs which understand links in a clipboard.
>
> 2. Adds a plain-text anchor tag to the issue suitable for copying into a
> comment, below the issue title. It's of the farily standard format <issue
> number>: <issue title>.
>
> 3. Adds a plain-text anchor tag below each comment in an issue, for linking
> to a specific comment. The format is <issue number>: <issue title> (<comment
> number).
>
> I've submitted the script on userscripts.org here:
> http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33565

Good work. Let us see more contributions Andrew.

> While userscripts.org has a comments section, for feedback about this I'd
> appreciate using this thread for now. I'm open to suggestions /
> improvements; my javascript-fu is fairly rough. Also, assuming there are no
> major issues, where is a good place to host this on drupal.org?

On Drupal.org, in the handbook, create a page describing how this script is
helpful, what FireFox versions work with it, ...etc. Attach the link to
userscripts.org from there.

Then create an issue for webmasters, with the link to your just created page
and ask someone to put it in the right section (I am guessing developers
guide).
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.