[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Cameron Eagans cweagans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:26:32 UTC 2009

Why would you want views in core?

You put views in core and it is frozen. Nobody can do anything with it (as
far as changing it: adding new features, reworking existing code, etc). As a
contrib module, the Views maintainers can decide how they want to run the
release process for Views, and I personally would like to keep it that way
-- it allows for a LOT more flexibility and a much faster development
lifecycle.

Plus, core is already weighing in at around 9.5 MB. Adding another 4.5 MB of
code to maintain doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Just my $0.02
-----
Cameron Eagans
Owner, Black Storms Studios, LLC