[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Cameron Eagans cweagans at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:34:52 UTC 2009

With plugin manager in core, it should not be necessary to bundle views with
core. It will be a simple matter of selecting the module for installation,
after which plugin manager will download the module, install and enable it
for you.

I think the argument of 'let's put views in core because it'll make setting
up sites easier' is kind of a bad one in this case. Views is neither easy
nor essential for -every- site out there.
-----
Cameron Eagans
Owner, Black Storms Studios, LLC
http://www.blackstormsstudios.com