[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Cameron Eagans cweagans at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 06:12:58 UTC 2009

I didn't mean to say that it would not be useful. On the contrary, views
would be *useful* in core...I just don't think it would be a good idea to
put it there, especially with plugin manager making it so easily accessible
from the ui.

That said, I would support putting a views api in core and leaving the UI in
contrib, like what is done with cck right now (but only because it's obvious
that lots of people want views in core -- if it's gonna go in, that's the
way I'd wanna see it there)
-----
Cameron Eagans
Owner, Black Storms Studios, LLC