[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Jim Taylor jim at rootyhollow.com
Wed Aug 12 15:52:52 UTC 2009

>>I am with the crowd of keep Drupal core lean.  The less optional modules
Drupal has to consider the better it would be.

Wouldn't adding views to core do just that, ie the 8 or so module Earl
mentioned?  re-pasted below.

tracker.module: Just a view.
blog.module: Just a view.
/node front page: Just a view.
/rss.xml: Just a view.
node content admin: Could be a view, with VBO.
user admin: Could be a view, with VBO.
recent comments block: Yep, a view.
recent blog posts block: Yep, a view.
active forum posts? Sho 'nuff.