[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:18:29 UTC 2009

You know I love you, Earl, but just as a counter argument to all of
these pieces of core that can be replaced by Views:  in my experience,
Views is significantly less efficient at doing most of those things.

I do admit and agree, that Views would replace a ton of core code,
just as you write.  And that a huge amount of flexibility would be
gained, as well.

I'm kind of obsessive about having fast, lightweight core code so that
I can still build a very fast site without throwing lots of hardware
at it.

So, is there a way to incorporate Views in core, but avoid using its
code in a specialized application built upon Drupal (except for
perhaps rarely loaded pages, like user admin)?

I can wish for the moon, can't I?  :-)