[development] Why I don't Upload a Module to Drupal
yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Aug 17 15:27:56 UTC 2009
Robert Douglass wrote:
> [...] Not everyone is going to
> be able to be a module maintainer, for one reason or another, and that's
Agreed -- there are many other valuable ways to contribute to the
Drupal community besides becoming a module maintainer on drupal.org,
and most one-off custom modules do not merit a release on drupal.org.
Instead, how about doing one or more of the following:
- Submit issues when you find bugs in Drupal or modules, or have
ideas for improving them.
- Review and/or create patches for issues others have contributed.
- Write or edit documentation.
- Support other users on the forums or IRC.
- Become active in your local Drupal user group.
- Other suggestions: http://drupal.org/contribute
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
Drupal, WordPress, and custom Web programming
More information about the development