[development] Why I don't Upload a Module to Drupal

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Mon Aug 17 19:24:24 UTC 2009

Fred - I was just joking, of course.

I'm not surprised that nobody responded to your offer. $50 is a very low
price to pay for a feature/module, but many people are overwhelmed by
the "freeness" of it all, and mistake open source with "at no cost".
Chances are there is also some company out there willing to pay
thousands for the same feature/module. Making efficient markets is
essential.

And as for rewards, I can tell you that the most rewarding thing I do at
work on any day is cvs commit -m "new feature for apachesolr"

I can't explain it, but it tops all other forms of professional
satisfaction. I enjoy developing modules so much that it's a dream come
true that someone pays me to do it.

Glad you're looking for ways to help - it generated a good thread!

-Robert