[development] easy way to check if a value has changed (nodeapi)

Hans Langouche hans.langouche at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 16:28:37 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm working on a (node) profile system that has a checkbox to allow
people to be informed by postal mail.  If checked the system sends a
mail with the details to a certain email address.  Of course this email
shouldn't be sent every time  the profile is updated, but only when the
checkbox was previously unchecked (if it was checked allready, nothing
should happen).

For the moment I'm thinking of creating a second (hidden) value to which
I compare on 'update' and sync with the actual value after the check.
But I'm thinking there must be an easier way, but can't find it in
documentation or by inspecting $node on 'update'.

Tnx,

HnLn