[development] Two module ideas

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 16 16:32:23 UTC 2009

Okay, in keeping with recent sentiments expressed on this list, here are two
module ideas:

1.    Longer site slogan - My current customer wanted a slogan longer than
128 characters (yes, there is a good reason). Rather than doing a simple
core hack, I wrote a simple little module that uses hook_form_alter() to
change it. I actually already have this done; it's just so simple that I
can't see contributing it as a separate module. Since I am a maintainer on
both Helpers and Util, I thought about them, but it really doesn't fit
either very well. I'm sure there is at least one other Drupaller who will
need this some time or another, so I'd like to find a better place

2.    This customer wants drop down menu tabs and the theme's Suckerfish
menus work fine for this. However, they would prefer that the menu tab not
point to the first page in the menu tree. In searching DO, I didn't like any
solution to the "menu no-link" problem. What I would prefer, and am prepared
to start writing, is a little module that provides a page (not a block) that
shows the tree structure of that menu item (title and description). Before I
spend too much time, does anyone do this already or know of a module I
didn't find?

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP

(781) 697-6344

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
Jr.