[development] development with scalability in mind

Walt Daniels wdlists at optonline.net
Fri Dec 18 15:47:07 UTC 2009

I listened to the presentation and found it interesting. It was missing some
of what I wanted. My site is too big for shared hosting but cannot afford
going beyond one dedicated machine. Clearly cache the hell out of everything
is probably the best advice but perhaps there are other tweaks that should
be looked at as well. A question I had submitted before the talk did not get
covered. I would like to see a graph, perhaps a nomogram, of something like
max hits per hour vs. appropriate technology (both hardware and software).