[development] development, staging, production

Ashraf Amayreh mistknight at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:50:23 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'm currently working with a company that's aiming to convert their .NET
portal to Drupal (yes, good luck to me on migration strategy!), the portal
gets nearly 30 million page views per month. I've done a lot of reading
about development->staging->production scenarios, looked at a lot of modules
like Drush, Aegir, etc but I want to see where efforts have reached
regarding this issue and possibly join forces with others. There are more
than ten developers/themers working on the portal.

What reads/modules do you recommend? How are people managing this difficult
task? Have we gotten to a stage where no downtime in the production server
is possible in the process?

Also, I like to learn from others, how does ROR handle this? How do other
systems handle this? Any one out there to share his experience?

--
Ashraf Amayreh
http://aamayreh.org