[development] Proposal: Drupal University

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 16:25:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM, James Benstead
<james.benstead at gmail.com> wrote:
> in the case of PDD), but I do think there should be a free, "open source"
> alternative. If for no other reason, the cover price of PDD is huge for
> developers in 2nd or 3rd world countries (i.e., the majority of the
> population of the planet) and they should have an alternative. Secondly, you

 Since I come from India, I can comment on these. Most of the books
priced in dollars or Euro have an Indian Sub Continent edition which
is low cost edition. Though these editions have some compromises, like
black and white photographs instead of color and low paper quality
but, the content is same. So, PDD edition for Indian Sub Continent
will cost something like $10 which is affordable.
 But those who can afford. do go for international edition or purchase ebooks.

regards
Vivek