[development] Weird D5-D6 upgrade accident - need for taxonomy ninja feedback

Tomáš Fülöpp (vacilando.org) tomi at vacilando.org
Sun Feb 1 18:45:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'd hate to bump an issue via this list but I am stuck in what was to be a
straightforward upgrade and my critical issue at
http://drupal.org/node/365664
* has not received any reply for a number of days
* might point to a generic problem people encounter when upgrading from D5
to D6
* does not seem to be answered by any post in the upgrade or other forums
(or I haven't found one)

Basically, after upgrade the ID of the Forum's vocabulary has, for
mysterious reasons, changed...
and the new ID has no terms in it, which means the Forum is empty and all
issues that were posted in the D5 version are stranded in limbo.
Why did this happen in the first place? / Can it happen to others? And how
to fix it?

It probably won't take more than 3 minutes of attention for a Drupal
taxonomy (or upgrade?) ninja.

Thanks!

Tomáš

PS: For your convenience, here's a copy of what I posted in the above issue,
but please answer via the above post (http://drupal.org/node/365664) (if
your answer does not benefit the development thread).

*I've upgraded from 5.15 to 6.9 but there is nothing in my forum.

I've found out that the vocabulary containing forum categories is there, but
it is NOT ATTACHED to the vocabulary of the upgraded D6 forum!

Practically, my D5 vocabulary had name 'Forum' and ID 1 and it is still
there in D6, but in D6 the forum is using newly created vocabulary (also
called 'Forum') with ID 15!
As result the /forum shows nothing and all our old forum messages are still
there, but because they are tagged in the old forum, they do not show
anywhere.

Why did this happen - anybody knows?

And how to rectify it... I guess all that could help would be a way to
assign vocabulary 1 to the forum in D6 -- but how to do this?

Please help...
*