[development] Remove top-level admin menu items

dragonwize dragonwize at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:58:13 UTC 2009

To me the true nature of Daniel's request is not really about
admin_menu. The placement of menu items affects all of our sites.
Because of this we need some kind of standard that we can hold modules
to.

Because of our great menu system we can choose to move menu items to
where we would personally like them on our own site. However, we still
need to hold the default position to some kind of standard.

If the only reason for moving to the higher level is personal
preference of how may levels you have to go then it should be placed
by default in the standard configuration and can be moved by all those
that use it enough that they would like it at a higher level.

The argument limit could be an issue, maybe we need to consider upping
that limit. But I think that the vast majority of modules do not have
non-dynamic argument handling that would prevent the menu item from
functioning when moved.

--
Alan