[development] Drupal API Page with Comments?

Margie Roswell mroswell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:58:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I think it would be enormously helpful to drupal users if a core and
contributed modules API site enabled comments.

Something like this:
http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.is-array.php

Is there any reason this couldn't be done? Throwing the idea out
there. Is this the right place to post this idea, or is it better
discussed somewhere else? Any technical or social reasons we shouldn't
do this?

I think it would expose so much helpful code to struggling drupalers!
There's always wheat and chaff, but people are pretty good at sorting
out that stuff. For now, it's tough climbing the learning Drupal
learning curve without an annotated functions page like the one on the
PHP site.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of the contributed module API site at
http://api.freestylesystems.co.uk/

Best Regards,

Margie