[development] Body and teaser as fields

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:32:04 UTC 2009

- This will mean removing the body field from the node and node_revision
tables, and creating a field_data_body table for it instead.  Don't worry
about database query efficiency; that is a solved problem (see
http://drupal.org/node/368674)

> .

Since Drupal 5 or 6 there's not been a body column in the node table anyway,
so at the very worst we'd be looking at an extra select - which would be a
cache_get() 90% of the time anyway. Would be nice to skip the join to
node_revision for the title field (node.title doesn't get used in
node_load()), then we actually lose a join in the default case. If anything
it'll make our base query more efficient (and I've got plans to remove the
join on users elsewhere, although a different issue of course).

So +1, the teaser splitter definitely comes down as a DrupalWTF and could be
happily moved into contrib, have you posted the issue yet?

Nat