[development] Body and teaser as fields

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:14:32 UTC 2009

Here's my suggestions:

(a)  The install package should include a small number of highly
useful, pre-configured content types that *can* be installed/enabled.

(b)  The user at install time is given, say, three choices:

   1.  Install the basic CMS version of Drupal.

     This will install the core Drupal framework, plus 2 or 3 content
types as appropriate, e.g. story, blog and event.

   2.  Install the basic blogging platform version of Drupal.

     This will install the core Drupal framekwork, plus 2 or 3 content
types as appropriate, e.g. blog and user profile node.

   3.  Customize your Drupal install -- for experts.

    This will provide a list of all content types included in the
basic Drupal download package with checkboxes which can be ticked off.
 Those types should be something like: story, page, blog, event,
profile.

This sort of install arrangement should address most of the issues
brought up here.  Of course, additional contrib modules can be added
later -- perhaps even suggested during install, or at least referenced
with a "for more functionality, see the large repository of contrib
modules."

..chris