[development] Body and teaser as fields

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 15:02:21 UTC 2009

I was actually thinking about this a few weeks ago, but don't know how
feasible it would be (it probably wouldn't be that bad), but what if we
had a multi-option download page? Basically you have the option of just
downloading Drupal, but also have a few prepackaged options. So if I am
looking at Drupal and want to blog I would select the "blogger package",
then I would get an installation profile installing the blog module,
plus maybe views with monthly archives, pathauto (and token), and
possible a WYSIWYG editor. It could be something like "your flavor" of
Drupal - similar to the custom downloads on jQuery UI.

The hardest part I would see is keeping these single download packages
up to date with releases of the modules they incorporate, but a work
around on that shouldn't be too bad. It would also let the user, who
doesn't really know what Drupal is, see that Drupal is actually all
these things, and we even made it super easy for them to get going on
whichever path they want.

I think it would go good in the redesign, plus it would also go hand in
hand with the content type creation based upon installation method (ie:
installing would be simple like Ronald points out, yet content type is
created based upon the "package" they download.)

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
Skype:intoxination        Phone: 1-513-252-2919