[development] Body and teaser as fields

Ronald Ashri ronald at istos.it
Thu Feb 12 14:00:24 UTC 2009

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> How about making the default content types a configurable item for the
> install profile?

I think the default install should be zero-configuration to start with
(beyond obvious DB name, user, etc). A lot of people are going to give
Drupal about 4-5 minutes initally. They will download, unzip, visit
install page on browser and fire away. They will assume that any issues
will be dealt with and they don't want to learn anything about Drupal
before Drupal is actually running on their system because that is the
first hurdle. If I can't install it why should I even learn about it.

If you ask them "do you want to create content types Page and Story" -
already they have to learn something, as in "what are content types then?".

Other profiles already assume some familiarity with Drupal and some
purpose in what you are trying to achieve so they can happily ask all
sorts of questiosn.

Best,

Ronald