[development] Welcome to the "development" mailing list

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 20:40:23 UTC 2009

Much less of a resource hog was the first big thing I noticed. Also the
support for CSS and JS in NetBeans was a biggie. Having code completion
on JQuery has been a life saved. I tried getting it to work with Aptana
installed in Eclipse but never could.

But the biggest benefit came a couple days after I started testing it
out. I found the Drupal plugin for NetBeans:

https://nbdrupalsupport.dev.java.net/

Now coding is that much more streamlined. No more going through and
manually creating .module and .info files. Can't remember a hook? It
adds a hook palette in so you got them all right there.

It did take a little getting used to. For example, if I want to go to a
function declaration I can no longer hit F3. Now I control-click it.
Little things like that, but once I got used to it I have been very happy.

Jamie Holly