[development] Off-topic (was: Welcome to the "development" mailing list)

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Tue Feb 24 23:40:22 UTC 2009

killes,

OP here. I realize the importance of keeping the list clean and
on-topic and am glad to see your input. Another perspective for you
though, I asked the question as my programming time is 95% Drupal and
I've been hopping from IDE to IDE in search of something useful
*specifically* for Drupal-centric programming. Drupal-awareness inside
the IDE (whether through a combination of tools or one awesome IDE) is
an important criteria in this regard.

Consequently, I must respectfully disagree with your assertion that we
are all off-topic. Many technologies that we use -- PHP itself, for
example -- are not by definition Drupal, but can be (and for the
purposes of this list, should be) framed in the context of Drupal.

-D

--
Domenic Santangelo
senior engineer  |  workhabit,inc.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter