[development] MS SQL support in D7?

Arancaytar Ilyaran arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 01:30:23 UTC 2009

O'LEARY Jeremy wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I found scattered references to people getting drupal running on MS SQL
> and was wondering if MS SQL would be supported in Drupal 7?
>

> Thanks,
>

> + Jeremy

D7 uses PDO as a database backend, and a PDO driver for MS SQL exists:
http://de.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-dblib.php . It appears to be experimental
right now. You need to download it separately and compile or include it in PHP
as an extension.

Drupal does not explicitly support it (as it does MySQL and SQLite), but it
could work with the generic interface, without taking advantage of special features.

--
Arancaytar
XMPP:  arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com
AOL:   282026638 / RealArancaytar