[development] MS SQL support in D7?

Arancaytar Ilyaran arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 01:35:39 UTC 2009

Arancaytar Ilyaran wrote:
> D7 uses PDO as a database backend, and a PDO driver for MS SQL exists:
> http://de.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-dblib.php . It appears to be experimental
> right now. You need to download it separately and compile or include it in PHP
> as an extension.
>
> Drupal does not explicitly support it (as it does MySQL and SQLite), but it
> could work with the generic interface, without taking advantage of special features.

Reading a bit more carefully, I see that DB-LIB is not well supported and not
recommended on Windows.

You should probably look at the ODBC driver instead, which is included in the
standard PHP core (and enabled in Windows installations by default):
http://de.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-odbc.php

--
Arancaytar
XMPP:  arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com