[development] node family, node profile permissions problems

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Fri Jan 9 13:40:09 UTC 2009

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question. I asked on the
support list, but didn't get an answer. And this is somewhat urgent.

I've got a content type set up as a lonely node profile. The problem I'm
having is that nobody can edit a node of this type, except the user who
authored it-- not even user 1. I can see how this would be by design.
But in my case I need to allow members of an editor role to have access
to other users' node profiles.

I've made sure that the editor role has all the permissions they need in
Users->Access Control (create, edit, edit own), and I don't see any
other permissions related settings in any of the above modules' configs.
I've done everything else I could think of to do: clearing cache,
rebuilding permissions, etc.

I think I'm going to have to hack some code, which I'm up for, but I'm
not sure where to start. Can anyone give me a hand? Like I said, this is
about to become extremely urgent, so any help is greatly appreciated.