[development] Asking for donations in contrib

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 14 00:12:18 UTC 2009

Daniel F. Kudwien wrote
> The more Drupal's user-base and our community grows the more I think we
need
> a "proper" process of dealing with this issue.

Well, what I'd actually like to become is a professional (i.e. paid)
contrib. maintainer.  I really enjoy it, but I do have to worry about a roof
over my head and food in my stomach.  If there was some way to fund people
to do this, I think everyone would benefit.  Those people could concentrate
on those modules that are most used (assuming our stats are close to
correct) and could be educated early in a release cycle so that those
popular modules follow new Drupal releases closely.  That still leaves
plenty of modules for those who like to tinker.  And, of course, I'd like to
see some basic funding for the core maintainers as well.

So how do we raise this money?

Nancy