[development] Want drupal.org to show dev shapshot but not "released" for D7 version of module

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Sat Jan 17 02:56:00 UTC 2009

Good evening!

I've looked at the online docs but am still a little ambiguous. I have a
module that I've ported to the latest snapshot of Drupal 7; my module's
most recent previous version is for D6.

It's "working" but not "finished" yet in the D7 version. I'd like to CVS
tag it in such a way that drupal.org will show the D7 version as a
nightly development snapshot, as I progress toward an official release.

It looks to me as if what I want is "cvs tag -b DRUPAL-7--1" for the
development branch, then make a drupal.org release for that tag. If I
recall, that sticky-tag release node on d.o will track daily changes.
But since we're talking about a sticky tag, I want to be sure. I know
how to do the official releases for beta and production with non-sticky
tags, but it's been a while since I did one of these.

Thanks for any reminders someone might care to post.

Scott

--
Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com>