[development] taxonomy defaults based on URL arguments

Ashraf Amayreh mistknight at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:41:54 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I was just thinking of creating a module that assigns default taxonomies
inside a node add form based on arguments in the URL, for example:

?q=node/add/page/5/6/7/8

Where 5 and 7 would be vocabularies and 6 and 8 would be the respective
desired values to be chosen in the vocab drop downs.

The reason for this is that sometimes I want different taxonomies to be
chosen by default depending on where I reach the node add form from. I
searched for similar modules but they didn't quite implement this
functionality as far as I could tell.

This should be an extremely simple module to implement, I've done it so many
times I felt it just warrants a simple module. So, are there any similar
modules available?

--
Ashraf Amayreh
http://aamayreh.org