[development] MS SQL question

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Tue Jul 7 17:18:32 UTC 2009

When pulling data from external sources, I simply don't use the
drupal database abstraction layer at all. It doesn't have an ick
factor for me at all. I use the approach your talking about with
great success at my university.  We connect to Oracle and MSSql to
get external data, and as a result have built quite a nice portal
using drupal as the application development framework.

Good luck.

Dave