[development] SPAM --- Howto: Override $node_url in theme

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 20:04:14 UTC 2009

Everybody has given excellent suggestions regarding how to change a module's
weight, but please do note the original question, as well as Nancy's follow
up.  She is not asking about how to set a module's weight, and obviously
knows how to do this as she altered her module's weight intentionally and
for (presumably) good reason.  The question is about setting one of the
$variable array elements within a theme_preprocess hook.

Sorry Nancy, I don't have an answer for you.  It sounds as though your
suspicion is correct that because your code is being called before the node
module's code, it is getting overwritten at that level.  Maybe you could
break out your preprocess function into a separate module space so that you
can keep your -2 weighting for your base module but the section that needs
to run after node.module is done its business could be at an unaltered
weight.  Not the cleanest solution, certainly .. and it may not work in your
context depending on what you are doing.

Best,
William