[development] SPAM --- Howto: Override $node_url in theme

nan_wich at bellsouth.net nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 25 01:40:06 UTC 2009

William Smith wrote:

> altered her module's weight intentionally and for (presumably) good reason.
It's not terribly material, but the reason is because we wanted to "rescue" nodes from a user that gets deleted. The user.module does bad things before calling our module. There is an open issue about that.

>It sounds as though your suspicion is correct that because your code is
> being called before the node module's code,
Actually, I don't believe that node.module is involved at all. This is done in theme.inc.

Further, it dawned on me that the user timing issue is now actually in a separate add-on module, so I set the main module's weight to 1, so that it would run later and it made no difference.

My suspicion now is that the theme.inc code runs after all the preprocess functions and there's not a lot I can do, except open an issue against D7 to have it check to see if that variable is already set before it changes it. That won't help my D6 code though.

--
Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP