[development] After form submit

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 31 14:04:24 UTC 2009

Quoting Salvador Benimeli <salbefe at gmail.com>:

> Hello Sam,
>
> I have made a form using FAPI. That form is for subscribe users for
> participate in a race. Once a user is subscribed I have to send a email to
> that user with race information, etc. Once thing more, users have to paid
> for subscribing in that race. After submitting that form, they have five
> days to paid. If a user do not paid in that period it should be removed.
> That's what I'm doing. I'm not sure If it would be easier with CCK and views
> or with FAPI or I can't do that with drupal

I would use FAPI with hook_form_alter.  There may be modules already
written that will allow you to manage your subscriptions to races.  I
would use one of the online services such as PayPal to accept the
dollar amount for the subscription.  You need to decide if you want to
retain the user after the race event or expire them.  You need to
decide if one user can apply to more than one race or if it is one
user to one race.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/