[development] need help with my gsoc quiz module

Olivier Jacquet ojacquet at jax.be
Mon Jun 22 12:40:51 UTC 2009

>> I am a GSoC student and co-maintainer of quiz module. Quiz users are
>> expecting for a new feature that lets the quiz attendees to enter some
>> input (eg age, sex, qualification etc) either at the beginning or end
>> of the quiz. Each site may have different requirement so the input
>> form need be dynamic (not everybody will expect to have age with list
>> select, sex with radio button).
>>
>> My thought on achieving this is to have a dummy node type
>> (quiz_feedback) as a part of quiz module and an user defined node
>> type(custom_quiz_feedback) with fields defined using CCK.
>> custom_quiz_feedback node form will be attached to quiz_feedback 's
>> body. When the quiz attendees view the quiz_feedback node they will
>> have a form to get the desired input. Is it possible to do this ? or
>> is there any other better ways to achieve this ?
>>
>> [sorry for my bad English. I tried to ask the same in IRC but there
>> was no response]

I used the quiz module to perform a survey and had that exact need,
people had to enter their name and email before starting. For this I
just used the webform module to create the form. Then I used the
submission id returned from the webform as the result id for the quiz.

Using the submission id as the result id might not be a solution for
every case but you could do add a mapping between the submission ids and
the result ids.